All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on for JIRA: After user was granted additional permissions to see more projects, I no longer get anything back using the jira command

briancronrath
Contributor

I was able to get the command to return data up until today when the permissions were changed for the user we use to access our jira api. All that was done was to add access to additional projects, and now I can't get anything to return with the jira command. When I run a curl against the rest API endpoints using the same user I get data back just fine. Any ideas on what might be broken just by adding more projects available to the user?

0 Karma
1 Solution

briancronrath
Contributor

I figured it out. Opening up permissions actually caused objects to show in the calls that had their json structure not include certain keys that the jira_rest python script it assigning. To resolve, I needed to add in if statements to make sure the key existed in the objects as they are iterated through.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

briancronrath
Contributor

I figured it out. Opening up permissions actually caused objects to show in the calls that had their json structure not include certain keys that the jira_rest python script it assigning. To resolve, I needed to add in if statements to make sure the key existed in the objects as they are iterated through.

0 Karma

briancronrath
Contributor

I should also note that after reverting the permissions it still doesn't work, so it's almost as if it triggered something. I still get everything back fine if I issue direct Rest commands w/ the user, stumped as to why the app no longer returns any data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...