All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on Builder v.4.0.0 not saving field values on UI

danielcj
Communicator

Hi,

I created an app using the Add-on Builder v.4.0.0 to use custom Alert Actions on Splunk. I created two Add-on Setup parameters: username and password.

When I enter the information on these fields and click on the "Save" button, it seems that these information were not saved (no UI changes) and if I close and re-open the UI some fields are not filled. This same app was working on the previous version of the Add-on Builder and the fields were being filled. However, it seem that this info is being saved on the .conf files.

In the attachment there is a screenshot with the "password" field not being filled when I re-opened the UI screen. Could someone help me? I am using Splunk version 8.2.1 and tried with different web browsers. Thanks.

danielcj_0-1634567830977.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@danielcj 

I think it is proper way of handling credentials.  Bcoz password are stored encrypted in conf file and if in any case you want to display, you can't display cleared text passwords. It is not bestway to do it and in case  you display 6 stars (******) or 8 stars (********) it doesn't make any sense (as the password field type is encrypted, refer GlobalConfig.json and supported python file in bin folder.). 

As per my understanding and expectations, if any setting page having credentials should display the username but not the Password as Security and Confidentiality point of view. 

Conclusion: If your values are storing properly in conf file and you are able to get the values in Alert to process  a logic then your TA is working fine 🙂

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一   😉

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...