All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Add-on Builder "New Input" not updating?

davidoff96
Path Finder

Hello. I am making an app in the add-on builder with multiple inputs. So naturally, once I am done and have saved the add-on, I end up with something like this:

davidoff96_0-1653666792584.png

However, when I make any updates to the app (adding a new input/ deleting an existing input) this drop down refuses to update. Is there another file I need to make a change to within the app? I looked in the UI/Nav folders but nothing stood out to me.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

davidoff96
Path Finder

As an update, I found the solution. What you need to do is increment the version number in the add-on properties.

So if you make it 1.0.0, and then later on you add a new input, you need to update it to 1.0.x or whatever. Once that is done, the app will show the new input. I only found this by changing it on a whim, since I couldn't find anything about this in the docs.

View solution in original post

davidoff96
Path Finder

As an update, I found the solution. What you need to do is increment the version number in the add-on properties.

So if you make it 1.0.0, and then later on you add a new input, you need to update it to 1.0.x or whatever. Once that is done, the app will show the new input. I only found this by changing it on a whim, since I couldn't find anything about this in the docs.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...