All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on Builder: edit source afterwards without builder - app

swe
Path Finder

Hi there,

can i change the code of the python modular input script after developing it with the add-on builder, outside of the builder (with an different editor)? what do i need to do / to remember if i do so?

do i need to regenerate the .pyc files, or: when are they generated?

thanks
swe

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You can edit or add conf files, python code/files or anything that doesnt live in the local folder of the add-on. Once you are done editing or adding new files, you can come back to the validate & package step to package or validate your add-on.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You can edit or add conf files, python code/files or anything that doesnt live in the local folder of the add-on. Once you are done editing or adding new files, you can come back to the validate & package step to package or validate your add-on.

0 Karma

swe
Path Finder

Hi ehaddad,
thanks four your answer!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...