All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on Builder TypeError: Why do I get this error "get_state_store max_cache_seconds"?

lbeste003

Hello
I have built an APP with which I collect logs from a REST API. For this I use the checkpoint manager and store type file . I get the following error: 

```

2022-03-28 07:57:58,877 +0000 log_level=INFO, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_config.py, func_name=set_logging, code_line_no=94 | Set log_level=DEBUG
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=INFO, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_config.py, func_name=set_logging, code_line_no=95 | Start mdm_api task
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=DEBUG, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_config.py, func_name=_get_checkpoint_storage_type, code_line_no=102 | Checkpoint storage type=auto
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=DEBUG, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_checkpoint_manager.py, func_name=_create_state_store, code_line_no=44 | Got checkpoint storage type=auto
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=INFO, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_checkpoint_manager.py, func_name=_use_cache_file, code_line_no=93 | Stanza=mdm_api using cached file store to create checkpoint
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=DEBUG, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_checkpoint_manager.py, func_name=_create_state_store, code_line_no=64 | Creating file state store, use_cache_file=True, max_cache_seconds=5
2022-03-28 07:57:58,878 +0000 log_level=ERROR, pid=7000, tid=MainThread, file=ta_mod_input.py, func_name=main, code_line_no=287 | api_mdm_v5 task encounter exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_mod_input.py", line 283, in main
cc_json_file=cc_json_file
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_mod_input.py", line 209, in run
for task_config in task_configs
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_mod_input.py", line 209, in <listcomp>
for task_config in task_configs
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_data_client.py", line 68, in create_data_collector
dataloader)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_data_collector.py", line 61, in __init__
task_config)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_checkpoint_manager.py", line 40, in __init__
task_config[c.appname]
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-mdm_api_v5\bin\ta_mdm_api_v5\aob_py3\cloudconnectlib\splunktacollectorlib\data_collection\ta_checkpoint_manager.py", line 71, in _create_state_store
max_cache_seconds=max_cache_seconds
TypeError: get_state_store() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_cache_seconds'

```

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ankycampy
Explorer

Facing exactly same issue, any other solution rather than downgrading the version ?

0 Karma

azun4i
Observer

Hi anykcampy

You can probably just switch to KV mode. From checking the source it seems like they just updated half the app and forgot to handle the 'max_cache_seconds' argument for File mode.

0 Karma

lbeste003

Hello everyone I have solved the problem by using an old version of the Add-on Builder (v.301). After that the data input worked correctly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...