All Apps and Add-ons

Add-On for JIRA: Doesn't pull in any information

bwendt0987

I am trying to work through getting the Add-on for JIRA working. I have the app installed on the DS pushing to a HF.

Steps I have gone through so far:

• I verified inputs.conf, jira.conf, and config.ini have the correct information.
  • I tested curl with the account being used to the JIRA api and this worked correctly
  • I tried to use the " | jira " command in Splunk, but that doesn't work. Receive error: "Unknown search command 'jira'"
  • I don't see any errors in splunkd.log or libs_jira.log

Any further steps or information would be extremely helpful! Thanks.

0 Karma

bwendt0987

So after tweaking more of this, I confirmed that inputs are coming in. Only 2 events out of probably hundreds. And only ever from one project group. I know that the account I'm using to authenticate has access to many other projects (tested with curl command from server), so I'm not sure why it isn't pulling in more data.

0 Karma

saurabh0912
Path Finder

reduce the interval for fetching results.

0 Karma

bwendt0987

Interval is currently set at 60. And I can see in the libs_jira.log that every minute it runs it come back with 0 added events. You want me to lower the interval to say 30?

0 Karma

bwendt0987

I tried a smaller interval, 30 seconds and this didn't bring in any more events. I increase the interval, to 120 and this brought in a few more events. One thing I noticed though, is the it brings in repeated events. For instance, T-001 has events at 3 different times. Is this because the ticket has been changed?

0 Karma

saurabh0912
Path Finder

Yes, If a JIRA ticket modified 3 times you will see 3 events from the same ticket.

0 Karma

bwendt0987

Alright. So I guess now my issue is the initial sync doesn't grab all the JIRA tickets. Can you add multiple projects to "default_project" in the jira.conf?

0 Karma

saurabh0912
Path Finder

You need to provide JIRA connection detail in apps/JIRA/bin/config.ini
than run |jira jqlsearch "text ~ "splunk""
This should give you results.

0 Karma

bwendt0987

The connection details are correct in config.ini as stated in my first point. As I also stated, The "| jira" command comes back as not found.

0 Karma

saurabh0912
Path Finder

Don't simply type |Jira, trying writing entire query which i gave you.
|jira jqlsearch "text ~ "splunk""
This should pull all the tickets in JIRA which have splunk in them.

0 Karma

bwendt0987

Yes. I tried that as well. Still receive the error: "Unknown search command 'jira'".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...