All Apps and Add-ons

Active Directory Ldap failing with Error ".

bobmc859

I have installed and configured Add on for Active Directory on our Search Head and I'm having issue pulling some data because the LDAP is failing. Below is the error message I get when I test. I've looked for the SA-ldapsearch.log file in in /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk but I'm unable to find it all. Any suggestions on why this is not working or why I can't find the SA-ldapsearch.log file?

Connection test for default failed
Search
| ldaptestconnection domain="default"
Result
No results found.
Error
".

0 Karma

rbardonetorian
Path Finder

any updates? I have same issue.

0 Karma

evinasco
Communicator

me too 😕 with CA Identity

0 Karma

bobmc859

I was able to figure part of this out, for the Bind DN I had: CN=Service_Account_Name,CN=Container_Name,DC=Domain,DC=com However when I changed it to CN=Service_Account_Name,OU=Container_Name,DC=Domain,DC=com that seem to work.

Though I can get a good test there are still some issues that I believe are related to me missing the ldap.conf file or missing the SA-ldapsearch.log file. I'm wondering if I missed a step when I setup the Add on for Active Directory on our Search Head.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...