All Apps and Add-ons

Active Directory Ldap failing with Error ".

bobmc859
New Member

I have installed and configured Add on for Active Directory on our Search Head and I'm having issue pulling some data because the LDAP is failing. Below is the error message I get when I test. I've looked for the SA-ldapsearch.log file in in /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk but I'm unable to find it all. Any suggestions on why this is not working or why I can't find the SA-ldapsearch.log file?

Connection test for default failed
Search
| ldaptestconnection domain="default"
Result
No results found.
Error
".

0 Karma

rbardonetorian
Path Finder

any updates? I have same issue.

0 Karma

evinasco
Communicator

me too 😕 with CA Identity

0 Karma

bobmc859
New Member

I was able to figure part of this out, for the Bind DN I had: CN=Service_Account_Name,CN=Container_Name,DC=Domain,DC=com However when I changed it to CN=Service_Account_Name,OU=Container_Name,DC=Domain,DC=com that seem to work.

Though I can get a good test there are still some issues that I believe are related to me missing the ldap.conf file or missing the SA-ldapsearch.log file. I'm wondering if I missed a step when I setup the Add on for Active Directory on our Search Head.

0 Karma
.conf21 CFS Extended through 5/20!

Don't miss your chance
to share your Splunk
wisdom in-person or
virtually at .conf21!

Call for Speakers has
been extended through
Thursday, 5/20!