All Apps and Add-ons

About Splunk Stream

beginne_Splunk
Explorer

I am setting up a Splunk Stream.
I am having trouble with the official instructions, which are very confusing for a beginner.

Below is the environment that has already been set up.
Server A
XAMPP
DVWA
UF(ver9.0.4)

Server B
Splunk(ver9.0.4)
Stream(8.1.0) → to be installed

I would like to deploy Stream on server B to analyze DVWA logs sent from UF on server A. Can someone please itemize and explain the necessary steps?
I know this is a rudimentary question, but please help.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There seems to be a misunderstand about what Splunk Stream does.  Stream collects network data and forwards it to Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud.  Stream does not analyze logs.

If you can use a UF to send logs to Splunk then you don't need Stream.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

beginne_Splunk
Explorer

Thanks for the answer.
Can you tell me what I need to do to collect network data with Stream and transfer it to Splunk Enterprise?
I would like to visualize Wire Data using Stream.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Stream has changed a bit since I last used it.  You can find installation instructions starting at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/8.1.0/DeployStreamApp/Streampackages

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...