All Apps and Add-ons

About Splunk DB connect installing and redundancy

yutaka1005
Builder

In my environment, there are search head cluster, indexer cluster, and heavy forwarders.

If I want to install Splunk DB connect v 3.x.x, should I install it to the heavy forwarders?

Or I can't install it to peer of indexer cluster?

Also, when I install it to heavy forwarder, is there settings of redundancy like active standby?

If someone knows about this, please tell me.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates
Communicator

Splunk has no system for fault tolerant data collection from databases, sorry. The modular input concept used to pull data at a heavy forwarder is unable to coordinate with multiple inputs or multiple nodes.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates
Communicator

Splunk has no system for fault tolerant data collection from databases, sorry. The modular input concept used to pull data at a heavy forwarder is unable to coordinate with multiple inputs or multiple nodes.

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answer!

I understood there is no function of redundancy.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...