All Apps and Add-ons

About Splunk DB connect installing and redundancy

yutaka1005
Builder

In my environment, there are search head cluster, indexer cluster, and heavy forwarders.

If I want to install Splunk DB connect v 3.x.x, should I install it to the heavy forwarders?

Or I can't install it to peer of indexer cluster?

Also, when I install it to heavy forwarder, is there settings of redundancy like active standby?

If someone knows about this, please tell me.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates
Communicator

Splunk has no system for fault tolerant data collection from databases, sorry. The modular input concept used to pull data at a heavy forwarder is unable to coordinate with multiple inputs or multiple nodes.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates
Communicator

Splunk has no system for fault tolerant data collection from databases, sorry. The modular input concept used to pull data at a heavy forwarder is unable to coordinate with multiple inputs or multiple nodes.

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answer!

I understood there is no function of redundancy.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...