All Apps and Add-ons

AWS add-on set no_proxy for specific services

a263534

Currently we have to use a proxy to connect to the S3 and SQS endpoints however the proxy is on-prem so it’s leaving AWS, going into our data center and back to AWS – not ideal.
I’m told that if we can set only specific services by using something like no_proxy="s3.amazonaws.com,s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com” we can bypass the proxy and this will utilize the s3 vpc endpoint. Is there a way to configure the add-on to skip the proxy for specific services? I’ve tried to edit the server.conf file but that didn’t work….

Tags (1)
0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

We used to have the following in our splunk-launch.conf, however we found that after a certain number of exclusions it stopped working (around ~270 char line...??):
NO_PROXY=127.0.0.1,169.254.169.254,codebuild.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,config.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,dynamodb.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ec2.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ec2messages.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,elasticloadbalancing.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,events.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,execute-api.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,kms.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,logs.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,monitoring.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,secretsmanager.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,servicecatalog.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,sns.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ssm.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

Now we have the following config in server.conf:
[proxyConfig]
http_proxy=egress.yourproxy.com:443
https_proxy=egress.yourproxy.com:443
no_proxy=::1,localhost,127.0.0.1,169.254.169.254,codebuild.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,config.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,dynamodb.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ec2.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ec2messages.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,elasticloadbalancing.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,events.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,execute-api.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,kms.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,logs.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,monitoring.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,secretsmanager.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,servicecatalog.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,sns.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com,ssm.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

I hope this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...