All Apps and Add-ons

AWS ADD on ERROR: The search for datamodel 'CloudFront_Access_Log' failed to parse, cannot get indexes to search

alexsambacanada
Engager

This is in regards to the Splunk ADD On for AWS:
Immediately after downloading and configuring to connect to our AWS Account, I receive this error immediately when using the Splunk AWS Add-on Dashboard:

The search for datamodel 'CloudFront_Access_Log' failed to parse, cannot get indexes to search

Not sure if it was a permissions issue so I set the permissions on the datamodel to global but it didn't help. I've read somewhere someone had a similar problem and was resolved by "expanding the datamodel macros". Could this help in this case and if so, where should I go to do this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

AlexW

0 Karma

jawaharas
Motivator

1. Make the app 'Splunk App for AWS' visible to all.

jawaharas_0-1601889835622.png

2. Also, check whether the lookup table 'cloudfront_edges' is populated. If not, run/schedule the report - 'AWS Description - CloudFront Edges '

0 Karma

pchen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It could be macro issue. Please check macro "aws-s3-index" in AWS App. Does it have all indexes you used for CloudFront access logs?
I also recommend you to upgrade to app v5.1 and add-on v4.4.

0 Karma

robert_miller
Path Finder

I am also seeing this error. Were you able to figure it out?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...