Alerting

updating a lookup table by external means

aniketb
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a lookup table of trusted hosts. This is being used in an alert to match for entries. Since this is a learning phase, I have to keep updating my lookup table of trusted hosts.

If I just delete the .csv file and add a new updated .csv file with same name, will the alert stay unaffected? Or I have to reconfigure the alert after every update to the lookup file? Does any other way exist for this?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Updating a lookup table file by external means should be no problem as long as the name of the file remains the same. Splunk will re-read the file every time it needs to be used if it's very small, or reload it from disk when a change is detected if it's large.

View solution in original post

bhupalbobbadi
Path Finder

I have a simple 2 field csv file and is configured with lookup table, when I add new line to the csv file it is not reflecting in search. Do I need to do anything manually here?

0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Updating a lookup table file by external means should be no problem as long as the name of the file remains the same. Splunk will re-read the file every time it needs to be used if it's very small, or reload it from disk when a change is detected if it's large.

aniketb
Path Finder

Thanks! I just deleted and replaced the file and still everything runs smoothly!

0 Karma

bhupalbobbadi
Path Finder

I have a simple 2 field csv file and is configured with lookup table, when I add new line to the csv file it is not reflecting in search. Do I need to do anything manually here?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...