Alerting

trigger alert if license utilization by an index is increased by 50GB comparing to last day

vikas_gopal
Builder

HI Experts ,

I want to rigger an alert based on below scenario

1) Get license utilization in GB for yesterday and day before yesterday .

2) Show difference in GB and if the difference is increased by 40GB then trigger an alert

Something like below , I want to trigger alert only for line 2 that is for database

index_nameyesterdayday_before_yesterdaydiff
application20GB10GB10GB
database30GB70GB40GB
security40GB20GB20GB
Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vikas_gopal
Builder

Well I have achieved this with below search query , hope this will help someone

Run this from LM

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd source=*license_usage.log type=usage earliest=-2d@d latest=@d
| eval day=if(_time>relative_time(now(),"-1d@d"),"Yesterday","Day_Before_Yesterday") | chart sum(b) as usage by idx day
| eval Yesterday=round(Yesterday/1024/1024/1024,2) | eval Day_Before_Yesterday=round(Day_Before_Yesterday/1024/1024/1024,2)
| eval diff=round((Yesterday-Day_Before_Yesterday),2)|where diff>20

View solution in original post

vikas_gopal
Builder

Well I have achieved this with below search query , hope this will help someone

Run this from LM

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd source=*license_usage.log type=usage earliest=-2d@d latest=@d
| eval day=if(_time>relative_time(now(),"-1d@d"),"Yesterday","Day_Before_Yesterday") | chart sum(b) as usage by idx day
| eval Yesterday=round(Yesterday/1024/1024/1024,2) | eval Day_Before_Yesterday=round(Day_Before_Yesterday/1024/1024/1024,2)
| eval diff=round((Yesterday-Day_Before_Yesterday),2)|where diff>20

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...