Alerting

sendemail to each manager with all employee list in them who are non complain

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I have a lookup file which has the manager names and each manager has got few employees under them . Now i want to send automatic email every month to the managers with the list of employees ( who are not complaint depending on some conditions ) reporting to him.

What would be the best approach and query to do it.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can use Alert mode as "once per result" OR use sendemail command to send email to each manager. You'd need to write your alert search in a way that each row represent a manager.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi @somesoni2

Yes i understand but need help with the query .
|inputlookup file.csv |chart count over "Manager" by "Status"
This gives me list of managers with count according to the status but how do i get all the Employee_Name as well in the same query for each of the managers an show it in the same table.
Employee_Name is a field in the same lookup file.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What all fields you've in your lookup table and on what basis you decide whether they're compliant or not. Could you post few sample rows from lookup table (mask any sensitive data)?

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Fields in file.csv
Employee_name
Manager_name
Status - has values completed / not completed if not completed then non compliant
Startdate
Enddate
Course_name

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...