Alerting

how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" in the footer of every email when using the sendemail cmd.

apietersen
Contributor

Hi,

When using sendemail cmd like this:

| makeresults
| sendemail to="aaaaaa", from="bbbbbb" ,
subject=""
message="how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" ",
sendresults=false inline=true format=table content_type=plain footer="i-Alert"

I receive:

"how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" ------------------------------------------------------------------------ i-Alert"

I realy like to get rid of the "--------/ /---" string, especially when I want ot use sendemail for sms/txt messages. This is  useless waist of text-space/length per sms / text-message.

I have looked in sendemail.py and found 3 strings like "---- ---" but removing it had no effect on the result. 

Where should I look futher for removing this useless string of characters?

regards
AshleyP

Labels (3)
0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Found it. I was working on the wrong Splunk machine 😞

Change the  .../bin/sendemail.py and look for "plainFooterTemplate"

remove or replace the "------//----" string.

After remove I received:

"how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" i-Alert"

Thanks

regards

AshleyP

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like a divider between the email body and the footer. Have you tried removing the footer?

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Yes I did, No succes. I agree it looks like a divider in the layout of the email.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...