Alerting

Why was permission denied when clicking "view results" on alert?

Hutch
Path Finder

Hello fellow Splunkers,

One of our end users was attempting to investigate a Splunk Alert. When they attempted to access the URL contained in the email. They received a permissions denied error. They also received the same alert when manually navigating to the alert under the "Alerts" section and attempt to review the triggered alert. The alert permission are set so anybody can read the alert, but only Power Users and Admins are able to right.

I have reviewed a couple of other Splunk Community post regarding similar permission issues but was unable to locate a solution. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

- Hutch

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

DanielP1
Engager

Hello Hutch,

Did you find a solution?

We have the same issue with some of our users. The users do have read and write permission. We found out, that the user can view results when he is the report owner, but not when he isn't the owner.

Cheers,

Dan

0 Karma

Hutch
Path Finder

@DanielP1 ,

We have not found a solution to this issue at this time. Were you all able to locate a fix?

0 Karma

DanielP1
Engager

Hello @Hutch 

We haven't found a solution so far. Any idea?

Cheers, Daniel

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...