Alerting

Why is this custom alert action giving out this error, "Sendalert fails with Errorcode 2 log simply has "Unable to set log level""?

jadamsplunk
Path Finder

Hello,

I have a custom alert action that was working a few days ago and now I'm getting this error and the log is not very helpful in this case. All off the required parameter are set but every attempt to run it fails. I'm really stumped on this one and I haven't been able to find any information by googling.

Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jadamsplunk
Path Finder

The solution was to uninstall the app. Reboot. Then reinstall it. After digging through the logs it looks like a setting from my app config was stuck and was causing python exceptions when trying to concatenate a string with a NoneType. That NoneType should be a password.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jadamsplunk
Path Finder

The solution was to uninstall the app. Reboot. Then reinstall it. After digging through the logs it looks like a setting from my app config was stuck and was causing python exceptions when trying to concatenate a string with a NoneType. That NoneType should be a password.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...