Alerting

What is the role of expiration when setting up an Alert?

auzark
Path Finder

Can someone, please explain to me what expires does when setting up an alert. I can not find an explanation in the manuals, I search.

auzark_0-1647409563938.png

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark 

Expries meaning , after an alert triggers with output , how long you can able to access that results, before it expries, 

in your example ,alert runs at 15 th minutes of every hour means if alert trigger at 11:15  AM  with output of  15 records, the results will be avalible until 03:15 PM , after that you no loner has access to results.

and alerts runs at 12:15 PM will be active till 04:15 PM so on...

you can able to access triggered resluts from 

SanjayReddy_0-1647412612556.png

select your required alert name and click on view recent 

SanjayReddy_2-1647412653523.png

that shows all the previous triggered alerts click on name to get the results of the alert that triggerd at sepcific time 

SanjayReddy_3-1647412724661.png

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark 

Expries meaning , after an alert triggers with output , how long you can able to access that results, before it expries, 

in your example ,alert runs at 15 th minutes of every hour means if alert trigger at 11:15  AM  with output of  15 records, the results will be avalible until 03:15 PM , after that you no loner has access to results.

and alerts runs at 12:15 PM will be active till 04:15 PM so on...

you can able to access triggered resluts from 

SanjayReddy_0-1647412612556.png

select your required alert name and click on view recent 

SanjayReddy_2-1647412653523.png

that shows all the previous triggered alerts click on name to get the results of the alert that triggerd at sepcific time 

SanjayReddy_3-1647412724661.png

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...