Alerting

What is the complete list of tokens available for the message in the new 6.1 alerts?

raoul
Path Finder

I cannot find a complete list of the tokens that are available for the message text in the new Splunk v6.1 alert system.

The online help has some examples like $job.resultCount$ but I cannot find a complete list.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

matthewhaswell
Path Finder

In case anyone else's search brings them here first - the new token documentation is here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens

rivium_ro_mc
Explorer

Slight update to this link to reflect a more recent version of Splunk: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens

Quick Reference:

Search Name: $name$
Search Description: $description$
Results Link (reports & alerts): $results_link$
Search String: $search$
Link to saved search: $view_link$

Fields: $result.fieldname$

Job Details

$job.earliestTime$Initial job start time
$job.eventSearch$Subset of the search that appears before any transforming commands
$job.latestTime$Latest time recorded for the search job
$job.messages$List of error and debug messages generated by the search job
$job.resultCount$Search job result count
$job.runDuration$Time, in seconds, for search job completion
$job.sid$Search ID
$job.label$Search job name

Dashboard Label
$dashboard.label$
Dashboard Description: $dashboard.description$

SteveIves1
Engager

The documentation about the use of tokens talks about using them in emails. Can they be used in other alert integrations such as Moogsoft?

0 Karma

matthewhaswell
Path Finder

This link now redirects to the main splunk doc page.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...