Alerting

Use of dynamic values in an alert

schiwark
Explorer

Is it possible to store dynamic field values in a variable and later reuse it in the same search string in the subsearch? 

I want to built this search string for an alert.

Can someone help me out on this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Subsearches run first so anything defined in the main search would not yet exist when the subsearch runs.

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do? Perhaps there is another way to do it.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

schiwark
Explorer

I am trying to create an alert where I want to build a query which will have two searches having different time ranges where result of first search should be identical with the result of second search. Here result is the field value.

How can I achieve this? 

0 Karma

schiwark
Explorer

Both the searches should be present in single search string. It will be a great help if you provide me some sample search strings.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...