Alerting

Use REST in search to get trigger times of alerts

aohls
Contributor

I am trying to work around not having access to the _internal index; I can't get access at this time. I want to add annotations to a dashboard showing the last time certain alerts triggered. I know how to get an annotation working; I used loadjob but the issue is I can't get historical data accurately it seems. I want to be able to look at the previous day and then see alerts that fired for the time period. 

I was doing something like the following; I haven't used REST much and am still exploring it:

|rest /servicesNS/-/-/searches
|join title
[| rest /servicesNS/-/-/alerts/fired_alerts]

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What results did you expect from that query and what results did you get?

Have you tried this?

|join title

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What results did you expect from that query and what results did you get?

Have you tried this?

|join title

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

aohls
Contributor

Looks like this due to user limitations. I tried it on my home search and it seems like it should get what I want.

0 Karma

aohls
Contributor

So when doing this I only get one result, using a specific alert I know has fired a few times in the last 4 hours. What I want is to essentially get the historical trigger times of the alert.

I know _audit is the best way; I will not get granted access to this right now though but trying to work around it since the annotations would be very useful.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...