Alerting

Use REST in search to get trigger times of alerts

aohls
Contributor

I am trying to work around not having access to the _internal index; I can't get access at this time. I want to add annotations to a dashboard showing the last time certain alerts triggered. I know how to get an annotation working; I used loadjob but the issue is I can't get historical data accurately it seems. I want to be able to look at the previous day and then see alerts that fired for the time period. 

I was doing something like the following; I haven't used REST much and am still exploring it:

|rest /servicesNS/-/-/searches
|join title
[| rest /servicesNS/-/-/alerts/fired_alerts]

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What results did you expect from that query and what results did you get?

Have you tried this?

|join title

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What results did you expect from that query and what results did you get?

Have you tried this?

|join title

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

aohls
Contributor

Looks like this due to user limitations. I tried it on my home search and it seems like it should get what I want.

0 Karma

aohls
Contributor

So when doing this I only get one result, using a specific alert I know has fired a few times in the last 4 hours. What I want is to essentially get the historical trigger times of the alert.

I know _audit is the best way; I will not get granted access to this right now though but trying to work around it since the annotations would be very useful.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...