Alerting

Triggering an alert on alerts (Alert-on-Alerts)

cafey

Is there a way in splunk to alert on number of alerts ?

For example I want create an alert which attempts to search 6 login into a server. Assuming this runs every 1 min (thats arbitrary number) and fires an alert called Alert-A. I want to fire an alert B if 5 Alert-A have triggered in last 5 mins.

I am not looking for solution where in you want to suggest, "why not create a search and alert if 6*5 login attempts have been made on server.

My question is specific to triggering an alert on other alert.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, you should be able to pull up fired alerts from REST a call and schedule a search on it and trigger an alert on alerts. eg:

|rest /services/alerts/fired_alerts/name|search|where triggered_alert_count > 5| table id triggered_alert_count

Alerts URI reference

View solution in original post

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, you should be able to pull up fired alerts from REST a call and schedule a search on it and trigger an alert on alerts. eg:

|rest /services/alerts/fired_alerts/name|search|where triggered_alert_count > 5| table id triggered_alert_count

Alerts URI reference

mmaqbool
Explorer

This might be a bit old thread, but I would be very thankful if you could explain the SPL expression in a bit non-technical fashion for a new user like me. Specifically, what its different parts are doing. Many thanks

0 Karma

cafey

Perfect this is what I was looking for !! Thanks a bunch there !!!

0 Karma

stepheneardley
Explorer

Exactly what I was after 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...