Alerting

Trigger specific custom alert

alekseisaiko
Path Finder

Hi there!
I'm using this query

index="dev" |eval raw_len=len(_raw) | eval raw_len_gb = raw_len/1024/1024/1024 | stats sum(raw_len_gb) as GB by kubernetes_namespace | bin _time span=1d

To get the amount of received data from K8S logs, and I want to trigger alert using this query, if the amount will be more than 0.5 gig a day.
How to define it in alert?
Right now, when I'm defining alert that triggers when - "eval raw_len_gb > 0.5", it's not triggered

Thanks,

ALeksei

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add | where raw_len_gb > 0.5 to the end of your query and change the alert to trigger if the number of results is not zero.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add | where raw_len_gb > 0.5 to the end of your query and change the alert to trigger if the number of results is not zero.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

alekseisaiko
Path Finder

Thanks for you answer!
Right now, I want to test that this query works.

If I'm running my query (without the | where raw_len_gb > 0.5) for last 15 mins, I'm getting results, with 0.029 GB for example in one of the results.
But if I want to check the same query with | where raw_len_gb > 0.01 just to see that it will show results, it doesn't. Though it must show the one with 0.029 GB and more.

0 Karma

alekseisaiko
Path Finder

Ok, it worked liked this -
index="dev" |eval raw_len=len(_raw) | eval raw_len_gb = raw_len/1024/1024/1024 | stats sum(raw_len_gb) as GB by kubernetes_namespace | bin _time span=1d | where GB > 0.0004
And I'm getting relevant results now, but still , trigger is not working from some reason

0 Karma

alekseisaiko
Path Finder

My bad, it worked! 🙂
Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...