Alerting

To reset/delete the alerts at configurable time.

AditiKulkarni

With built-in functionality of splunk, we can set the alert expiration time to 6hrs, 12hrs etc.
But is there a way to delete all the alerts raised during a day at particular time and can we keep that time configurable?
e.g. I want to reset/delete all the alerts raised during a day at 23:59:59, how can this be achieved?

0 Karma

vganjare
Builder
0 Karma

SwatiApte
Path Finder

Hi,

As per a Business requirement, we want to be able to automatically delete all Alerts triggered on the previous Business Day, at the start of each Business Day. For eg. at the start of the current day, let us say 9th June 00:01:00, we want to delete all the triggered alerts triggered between 8th June 00:00:00 to 8th June 23:59:59.

Could you please let us know if this could be the correct way of doing it? The following query works, but we do not know the impact it could have, or if it is correct to use it.

index=_audit earliest=-1d@d latest=@d action=alert_fired ss_app= | delete

0 Karma

AditiKulkarni

Thank you for the answer but, i don't need to disable the alerts in the particular window but, need to delete all the alerts raised (in triggered alerts window) within day at a particular configurable time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...