Alerting

The field could not be added to log event alert action

hoangpt
Explorer

I have a problem that needs everyone to help me. I am trying to create log from an alert.
Please tell me how to separate the relevant fields from the raw data and then map it to that alert log, e.g. src_ip, servity...

120039370_2762800517341353_7177177067103308761_o.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dave_null
Path Finder

In the Event textfield, you can structure your generated event however you like. To insert values from the alert, use this format: (for example if you want to put src_ip field from the alert into the generated field)

$result.src_ip$

E.g. you can put this in the event text box:

Alert log - src_ip: $result.src_ip$ , severity: $result.severity$

View solution in original post

dave_null
Path Finder

In the Event textfield, you can structure your generated event however you like. To insert values from the alert, use this format: (for example if you want to put src_ip field from the alert into the generated field)

$result.src_ip$

E.g. you can put this in the event text box:

Alert log - src_ip: $result.src_ip$ , severity: $result.severity$

hoangpt
Explorer

Thank you for solving my problem 😄

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The alert is triggered by a query. The first row of the results of the query are available to be used in the log message you create. Therefore, you need to include all the information you want to be in your log in the results of the query that triggers the alert.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...