Alerting

Syntax for if conditional functions

MeMilo09
Path Finder

Hello There,

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to the syntax and I am trying to get a better grasp. I have an if else function, so if lets say ABC is greater than 3600 add 21600 seconds else don't add any time. I have 3 of these types of conditions, but they are all under the same field name. The struggle for me is combining these if else functions into one multi conditional function.  I have spent a while looking at how to do this, but I didn't run into any examples that included strftime or strptime.  Any guidance on this type of syntax is apricated.

| eval SLA_Breach=case(ABC>3600, strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +21600, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"),"none")

| eval SLA_Breach=if(DEF>2800,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +172800, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"),"none")

| eval SLA_Breach=if(GHI>1400,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +86400, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"),"none")

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval SLA_Breach=if(ABC>3600, strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +21600, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"), if(DEF>2800,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +172800, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"), if(GHI>1400,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +86400, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"),"none")))

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MeMilo09
Path Finder

Thanks! @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval SLA_Breach=if(ABC>3600, strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +21600, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"), if(DEF>2800,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +172800, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"), if(GHI>1400,strftime(strptime(releaseToCarsTime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N") +86400, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%6N"),"none")))
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...