Alerting

Splunk Unix Add-On Alerts Troubleshooting

jackjack
Path Finder

Hello All,

I have set up the Splunk Add-On and Splunk App for Unix and Linux. Data is flowing properly however I am having an issue with alerts.

I am trying to set up alerts for various things to slack. I have the first alert on memory working. I set it to 1 min real-time and it seems to work just fine. This is the working query: 

`os_index` source=vmstat | where max(memUsedPct) > 90 | stats max(memUsedPct) by host

However, when I try to do the same for disk, it does not work. I have tried expanding to 5min and 30min real-time windows but the only way I get data to show up in this query is by removing the where clause. I also tried using something like latest() instead of max() but that didn't help. What am I doing wrong here?

`os_index` source=df | where max(UsePct) > 10 | stats max(UsePct) by host

Thank you,

jackjack

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...