Alerting

Splunk Certified Knowledge Manager V6

ammal

Hi All,

My name is Ammal. I'm from Malaysia. Actually, I am a bit confused - I got my "Splunk Certified Knowledge Manager V6 (on Dec 31, 2014)". My question is - is my certification (as mentioned above) still valid, if yes - what is my re-certification path.
Please advise.

Regards,
Ammal

Tags (3)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Yes, its valid. But it will expire later this year (1st October 2019)

If you want to preserve your certificate you will need to re-take the v7 exam before 1st October 2019, otherwise you will have to re-certify the whole track.

Alternatively, you can jump straight onto the next-level exam and move to the v7 program that way.

See the details here:
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/program-guide.html#recertification

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Actually - I'm just doubting myself now - Are you sure you have "Splunk Certified Knowledge Manager v6"
I thought Knowledge manager was a v5 cert?

If you do have 'v5 Splunk Certified Knowledge Manager' Then you will need to re-certify staring with Fun1 (which is free) but you can then take the "Splunk Core Certified User" which will move you onto the v7 program

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...