Alerting

Splunk Alert based on threshold of failed logins within a specified time span

cdabbey

Splunk Gurus,

I am looking to build search that will identify any accounts that experience 5 failed login attempts within a 1 minute time span. The intent is to run a daily report highlight accounts with large amount of failures within a short period of time (potentially a bruteforce effort) for troubleshooting/customer service.

sourcetype=* result=FAILURE | table username, device, result, reason, src, "_time" | bucket _time span=1m | stats count by username, src | search count > 4
0 Karma
1 Solution

sk314
Builder

Have you tried eventstats? Like so:

sourcetype=* result=FAILURE | bucket _time span=1m | eventstats count by username, src | search count > 4 | table username device result reason src _time count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sk314
Builder

Have you tried eventstats? Like so:

sourcetype=* result=FAILURE | bucket _time span=1m | eventstats count by username, src | search count > 4 | table username device result reason src _time count
0 Karma

cdabbey

I can definitely build on this, and really appreciate the help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...