Alerting

Splunk 6.6.0 (SMTP Requirement)

muhammadamir

Hello Support,
I have changed my local SMTP server, & it is running on a windows 2012 R2 server. I changed the settings of SMTP in splunk to point to the new windows based (SMTP), server but it is no longer sending me alerts, I need to make splunk send me alerts using our new SMTP server, Is there anything, Im missing? Please, someone reply ASAP, as it urgent! Also, how can I send a quick test alert, so I can check it is actually working from splunk?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

Hello muhammadamir,

It is hard to figure out the issue without looking at your settings. However, to test email alerts, you can use "sendmail" search command.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

small correction here, the command is sendemail http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/SearchReference/Sendemail

And as usual check index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd for that host and see if you find any errors related to smtp.

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...