Alerting

Set up password change alert to email targeted user

eric_daoust

I am looking into ways to pull alerts for events 4723 and 4724 then send an email to the targeted user who's password was changed. 

My experience with Splunk is limited, as i can get a generic alert set up to email me when it see's one of those event id's but that's it.

What I want:

Monitor for password changes

Send an email to the user in question telling them that their password was changed (by themselves (4723)or by an admin(4724)

The email would include the name of admin who changed it or just the user's display name with a generic message saying password was changed.

I have the Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory modeule which i am guessing would help?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if this helps: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Reporting/Send-emailed-results-to-an-email-address-IN-the-results/m-...

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...