Alerting

Run Script Alert

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

How to run a script with a alert action?
Example I want to disable a Splunk App if the daily license usage is more than 80%, but when I try to run script on that alert it shows that message "
The run a script alert action is officially deprecated. Create a custom alert action to package a custom script instead.
"
Please guide what is the proper way to do it.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

"Run a script" alert action is deprecated, you need to move to new framework called "Custom Alert Action". Have a look at document https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/AdvancedDev/ModAlertsIntro and you'll get idea.

0 Karma

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

I am using below search string:

source=*license_usage.log type="RolloverSummary" earliest=@d | stats sum(b) AS used max(stacksz) AS quota by _time | eval usedGB=round(used/1024/1024/1024,3) | eval quotaGB=round(quota/1024/1024/1024,3) | eval percentage=round(usedGB / quotaGB, 3)*100 | table _time usedGB, quotaGB, percentage, used, quota | where percentage > 80

What is the right way to trigger script with a alert ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...