Alerting

One of the email addresses in 'action.email.to' is invalid

Isaias_Garcia
Path Finder

I configure my Blackberry to receive alerts from Splunk 5.02 version. The email address of my device is something like this:
. I got this error message : "Encountered the following error while trying to update ; In handler 'savedsearch':One of the email addresses in 'action.email.to' is invalid"

Please advise. Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Karma

lespider
Explorer

Just noticed trailing space will cause the same problem

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
This happens due to splunks email id recognition system. It's not able to match. Follow the below post it will work

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/124873/alert-email-address-doesnt-allow-our-domain

0 Karma

lespider
Explorer

This happens to me in the initial setup wizard when taking a search, and making it into an alert. It happens specifically if I have an address that has the form "foo-bar@fooserver.foocompany.com", something normal like foouser@foocompany.com works fine. I suspect it's the subdomain in the email address. A workaround seems to be to skip that part in the wizard, and go to manager to edit the alert. It seems to access it just fine.

0 Karma

Isaias_Garcia
Path Finder

@linu - no dot at the last point.. just xx_yyyyyyy@zzzz.ap.blackberry.net

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

was the email id with xx_yyyyyyy@zzzz.ap.blackberry.net.

(.) Dot at the last point?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...