Alerting

Managing many alerts simultaneously

I am currently managing 50 alerts and this number will multiply in the next couple of weeks. Editing my alerts is cumbersome. If I want to change a common property, I have to change every single instance by itself. Is there a way to change an alert property like its permissions, or triggers, for multiple alerts at a time?
I have looked at "Alert Manager", but it seems to be tailored to managing incidents, not the actual alerts in of itself.

0 Karma

Path Finder

Hi @sebkue

If you have access to the file system, you could make bulk changes to saved searches through the config files.
Permissions can be found in [$SPLUNK_HOME$]\etc\apps\[your app]\metadata\local.meta. The admin manual page is here
All other search attributes (action, email, search string, etc.) can be found in [$SPLUNK_HOME$]\etc\apps\[your app]\local\savedsearches.conf. The admin manual page is here.

It's not the most elegant way, but I'm not aware of any way to make bulk changes within the UI.

Hope that helps.

0 Karma

I do not have access to the file system. Is there a reason that bulk editing alerts is not a feature?

0 Karma