Alerting

Issue: Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-audit01

robins722

Hey all!

We are currently running 7.3.1 splunk enterprise (Windows) on our system, I just recently ran into an issue. When I go to check on information of one of our servers. I get this error massage stating 'Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-audit01'. Now I've done research already and went into settings-> Lookups-> Lookup Definitions and searched for audit01. Now that search informed me of the lookup file being used and app that it is associated with. I went into my files and discovered that the audit01.csv does exist in the location it is stating. So, I would think there would be no issue for it to find and load it. Does anyone have any other ideas I am missing?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey! Few things to qualify and find your issue:

- what does your splunk arch look like?  distributed? clustered? (see Splunk Validated Architectures)

- usually lookup issues are app/permissions based or can be replication based etc..

- what app is using it, is it a splunkbase app or custom?

- MattyMo
Tags (1)
0 Karma

robins722

-Splunk arch is clustered

-the app using it is TA-Linux-auditd. Which is where it is pointing to. 

0 Karma

robins722

If i am correct the application is a custom. I cannot give you an honest answer since I was not present at the initial install. I am adopting all the issues that was left behind.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...