Alerting

Is there an easy way to create a Report that is identical to an interesting field pop up window?

mninansplunk
Path Finder

Hello,

I need to create a report that is identical to the interesting field pop up window:

Top 10 Values  |  Count  |  %

Is there anyway to create a report directly from this pop up or see the search that is performed when looking at this popup?

Thank you for your help,

Tom

popup.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mninansplunk,

I'm not sure to have completely understood you need!.

the Splunk GUI is done to navigate data, a report is a static view of your data: I usually use reports only when, for compliance reasons, I need to fix a situation in time (e.g. the users every month) and I have to demonstrate it to an auditor, but when I have to search something in data I don't like reports because they are static and not (or few) navigable.

This is a discussion that I always have with my customers when I start a Splunk project: Splunk gives a near real time view of data and it is unuseful to limit it in a report (except compliance obviously!)

Anyway you can use the top command to show your data in the same format of the interesting fields and you can save the search in a report i you like:

your_search
| top field

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...