Alerting

Is there a way to determine how many email alerts are being sent from my Splunk server per hour, day or week?

JoeSco27
Communicator

I have about 100 alerts scheduled to run on different conditions and send emails if those conditions are met. Is there a way to determine how many emails are actually being sent per day/hour/week from my splunk server?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this:

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler alert_actions=*email* | timechart span=1d sum(fired) as "Emails sent per day"

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this:

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler alert_actions=*email* | timechart span=1d sum(fired) as "Emails sent per day"

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't have per-result alerts then yeah, counting those events will do.

0 Karma

JoeSco27
Communicator

For some reason fired didn't produce the correct results, but the count of events over time worked for us. Thank you for your help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...