Alerting

Is the alert script capability for alert actions restricted to the admin user or is there a setting I can change?

pduflot
Path Finder

Hello,

I have a python script as an alert action.
I could not make it work until I changed the owner of the alert to admin. Even when the owner had the admin role, the script was not called.
In the scheduler.log, I see alert_actions="" when the user is not the admin user.
While I see, alert_actions="script" when the user is the admin user.

Is this alert script capability restricted to the admin user or are there any other settings I can change?

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

pduflot
Path Finder

Sorry I had one conflicted line remaining in the first alarm (alert_condition = search count = 1). User rights had nothing to do with it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pduflot
Path Finder

Sorry I had one conflicted line remaining in the first alarm (alert_condition = search count = 1). User rights had nothing to do with it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...