Alerting

I want to create an alert from last 7 days

Rocky31
Path Finder

I want to create an alert from last 7 days of data just for a time range of 10 AM to 11 AM i only need this data at the same time from last 7 days(week). how to write a query to this info any help here.

Tags (1)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is a perfect use case for multisearch:

| multisearch
[Your Common Search Here [|makeresults | eval earliest=relative_time(now(), "@d+10h") | eval latest=earliest + (60*60) | eval search="earliest=" . earliest . " latest=" . latest] | eval which="Today"]
[Your Common Search Here [|makeresults | eval earliest=relative_time(now(), "-7d@d+10h") | eval latest=earliest + (60*60) | eval search="earliest=" . earliest . " latest=" . latest] | eval which=LastWeek"]
| stats Your Stuff Here BY which
| your conditional logic stuff here
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

If you have a fixed hour you want, then it's easy enough...

index=foo ...other base search terms...   date_hour=10 

That will get you only events that happened in the 10:00-11:00 hour. Depending on what YOU mean by time, you may need to add or subtract an offset from UTC.

For instance, here in Texas, in US Central Daylight Savings Time, we are at UTC -5. Since event _time is set by UTC time, 10:00 AM local is 3:00 PM UTC, so we'd use date_hour=15.

0 Karma

nplamondon
Communicator

You may also want to check out timewrap if you want to see the results overlaid on the same chart.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=foo sourcetype=bar..other base search terms... [| gentimes start=-7 | eval earliest=relative_time(starttime,"@+10h") | eval latest=relative_time(starttime,"@+11h") | table earliest latest | format ]
| rest of the search
0 Karma

mghocke
Path Finder

You can calculate the hour of an event with eval/strftime and use search or where to look only at those:

<your search> | eval Hour=strftime(_time,"%H") | where Hour="10" | <process the results>
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...