Alerting

How would I set up Syntax highlighted for a log file?

uchoavaz
Explorer

Hello!

I have a log file with the following pattern:

13:06:03 CRITICAL  [app] An error happened while processing message active/mastercard/event/secondpresentmentcreateevent/v1/2022/08/30/afae9068-8dc2-5e3a-9e4a-83081925238f ["message" => "[{"requestid":"49120180-f64d-863d-f7f5-c2f58b180587","source":"SYSTEM","reasoncode":"INVALID_REQUEST","description":" [CreateCR2] usecase is not applicable in this context.","recoverable":false,"details":[{"name":"ErrorDetailCode","value":"100001"}]}]","status" => 400,"trace" => [["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/react/event-loop/src/Timer/Timers.php","line" => 101,"function" => "App\Command\{closure}","class" => "App\Command\AbstractQueueProcessor","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/react/event-loop/src/StreamSelectLoop.php","line" => 185,"function" => "tick","class" => "React\EventLoop\Timer\Timers","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/src/AppBundle/Command/AbstractQueueProcessor.php","line" => 311,"function" => "run","class" => "React\EventLoop\StreamSelectLoop","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php","line" => 255,"function" => "execute","class" => "App\Command\AbstractQueueProcessor","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php","line" => 929,"function" => "run","class" => "Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/framework-bundle/Console/Application.php","line" => 96,"function" => "doRunCommand","class" => "Symfony\Component\Console\Application","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php","line" => 264,"function" => "doRunCommand","class" => "Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Console\Application","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/framework-bundle/Console/Application.php","line" => 82,"function" => "doRun","class" => "Symfony\Component\Console\Application","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php","line" => 140,"function" => "doRun","class" => "Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Console\Application","type" => "->"],["file" => "/var/www/drm-scheme/bin/console","line" => 42,"function" => "run","class" => "Symfony\Component\Console\Application","type" => "->"]],"line" => 261,"class" => "App\Command\AbstractQueueProcessor","request" => "active/mastercard/request/secondpresentmentrequest/v1/2022/08/29/204618304273/cb905322-b2ab-4742-8acd-a7915b9be744","caseId" => "204618304273"] ["uid" => "31473ed"]

But i need to understand how can i set up in the Settings -> Source types -> (sourcetype name create) to make this event highlighted. Here is how i tried to set up (but didn't work):
Captura de Tela 2022-09-22 às 10.29.00 AM.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

uchoavaz
Explorer

I will give you an example... This json event i could set up the highlight
Captura de Tela 2022-09-22 às 11.39.58 AM.png

The raw text is:

{"message":"Nothing to process in worldpay-prd-scheme-event-store-queue-dlq","context":[],"level":200,"level_name":"INFO","channel":"app","datetime":{"date":"2022-08-30 13:06:13.999247","timezone_type":3,"timezone":"UTC"},"extra":{"uid":"e527f53"}}

the sourcetype setup is:

Captura de Tela 2022-09-22 às 11.41.06 AM.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uchoavaz,

no this is possible only for json format, not for raw text.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uchoavaz,

could you better describe what do you mean with "highlighted"?

In a sourcetype you define many things: format, fields, aliases, etc... but there isn't the possibility to highlight a parte of an event.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...