Alerting

How to set up alerts for high response time?

pashernx
Explorer

Current Alert Setup:
I am trying to set up an alert to send an email when the response time from the server is higher (>60ms). I have the webpage running on 4 hosts.

Search string:

index=iserver env=prod sourcetype="iis-access"  uri_path="index.html" code=200 | where time_taken > 60

Alert Type: Real-time.
Trigger Condition: Number of Results is > 1 in 5 minutes. Edit
When triggered, execute actions: For each result.

I have a throttle setup for the field 'host' for 2 minutes. I do not want the same host to be reported for next 2 minutes at least.

Problem: The alert triggers perfectly and shoots an email only once for each result after setup and for the rest of the day, I do not get any email alerts. But the search returns results when I open it in search in real-time.

Can someone help me identify where am I getting it wrong?

Thanks,

1 Solution

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Check the EXPIRATION time of your alert.It may have been expired.

View solution in original post

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Check the EXPIRATION time of your alert.It may have been expired.

jawaharas
Motivator

I hope you are referring editing below parameter in $SPLUNK_BASE/etc/system/local/savedsearches.conf file.

alert.expires = <new_value>
# it was 24h in the defaults
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...