Alerting

How to set up a custom email alert notification when a file is not present?

jugalkinariwala
Explorer

I need to write a custom alert that generates an email notification when a file is not present.

I currently have a daily alert (9pm) set up to notify via email if a .error file is present or not.
If the file is present an email including the file is generated.

Now I want to set up a custom email message that is generated when the file is not present.
For example, "No file was generated so there is no file attached".

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can clone/copy same alert and set Trigger Condition to Number of Results is equal to 0 and edit alert action Send email add message in Message field.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can clone/copy same alert and set Trigger Condition to Number of Results is equal to 0 and edit alert action Send email add message in Message field.

0 Karma

jugalkinariwala
Explorer

For example -
Current scenario -
I have an alert which looks into directory whether an .error file is present or not daily around 9:00 pm .
If it is present it emails the file .

Requirement-
If a file is not present I need to email with a custom text that the file is not present .

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please elaborate on your use case. Where is the file? Who or what is generating it? Is it monitored by Splunk?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...