Alerting

How to set alert schedule?

saifuddin9122
Path Finder

We have 15 different hosts, we enabled an alert with condition "if host is down we need to alert it".

It has to check every 5 min if any host is down. It has to alert it and also should not alert for second time for same host. How should I do it?

example: At 10:00 AM HostA is down we need to alert it and if at 10:01 HostA and HostB are down then I should get an alert saying HOSTB is down, but I should not receive alert for HOSTA again for 15mins.

Here is what we did, is it correct?

alt text

0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

You are using correct option. Throttle option will ensure alert is not generated again for same host. Only thing you may want to change is you need to put name of the field without equals sign. i.e. host

0 Karma

saifuddin9122
Path Finder

Thank you.

0 Karma

Spandreka

saifuddin, you can try in this way by loading up all the required host into a look up and append/join/lookup with the actual query for the host count(whcih represents host up or down) OR a particular message which lets you know host is down.

| inputlookup listof_hosts_alerts.csv
| append [search index= host=host*
| stats count by host]
| stats values(count) AS count by host
| fillnull value=0
| eval status=case(count>0,"Up", count=0, "Down", 1=1, UNKNOWN)
| fields - count
| search status=Down

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...