Alerting

How to search a log file in a path

syedikramulla
Explorer

Hello,

My application will generate a daily log file with the file name App_YYYYMMDD.log.  Example App_20220118.log, App_20220119.log.   I am trying to write a query which should return a table with single column having value as '0',  if the file for current week day is not generated.  The query should also have an condition to  wait for certain time before returning '0'. For example, let's say query should wait for 8 hours from the start of the day (12 AM) before returning the result.  Can you please share if you have written similar query.

Regards,

Syed

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you ingesting these logs?

Is it that you want to know at 8am, if a log for that day has been ingested?

If so, schedule a report to run at 8am and find the latest log name. This is often indexed as source. You can then extract the date from the source field and compare it today's date

0 Karma

syedikramulla
Explorer

Yes I am ingesting the log file contents and have a query to generate an alert if there's an error message in the log file.  Not sure if file name is also ingested.  Let me check that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...