Alerting

How to schedule search on 2nd Saturday of every month?

110325P

How to I schedule the search on 2nd Saturday of every month?
My cron search now is
0 23 * * 6
But this is every Saturday right?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi 110325P,

I did not test it, but something like this should do the job:

00 23 8,9,10,11,12,13,14 * 6 

Takes advantage of the fact that the second Saturday can only possibly fall in the range of dates 8th to the 14th of the month (and no other Saturday can fall on those days!).
Or you create a search which checks the day and either continues or stops and run this on every Saturday like you did in your cron.

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi 110325P,

I did not test it, but something like this should do the job:

00 23 8,9,10,11,12,13,14 * 6 

Takes advantage of the fact that the second Saturday can only possibly fall in the range of dates 8th to the 14th of the month (and no other Saturday can fall on those days!).
Or you create a search which checks the day and either continues or stops and run this on every Saturday like you did in your cron.

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...