Alerting

How to schedule an alert with cron to run every 15 minutes beginning on Sunday at 10:00 and ending on Saturday at 18:00?

thearchies

I want to schedule an alert to run, beginning on Sunday at 10:00am, runs every 15 minutes for the previous 15 minutes, and stops running on Saturday at 18:00. I don't want it to run during Saturday 18:01 thru Sunday 9:59. Would I need to set-up 3 different alerts - a Saturday, a Sunday and a Monday-Friday? (New to Splunk).

Thanks for your help!

0 Karma

SierraX
Communicator

Hi,

one alone with cron, seems not possible.

3 alerts are the easiest for this case

Maybe also over:
Alarm condition: if custom condition is met (for this I need a while to think about)
or
Over an external script which activate, deactivate the scheduled saved search.

Kind Regards
SierraX

0 Karma

TStrauch
Communicator

Hi,

this is more a cronjob question than a splunk one. But its simple. You can´t to it by defining a single cronjob like * * * *.

On linux site for example you need to have an extra script for doing this, or need to to it in 3 cronjob definitions.

I think the fastet way to do it is to set up the three alerts. It is not shiny but it works.

kind regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...