Alerting

How to schedule a report to send an email only if it returns results.

matstap
Communicator

I have a report that sends an email with the result data once a day. I only want the report to send an email if the number of results > 0. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

run your search -> top right save as dropdown -> an alert -> condition: if count > 0 -> in actions, send results, send email (and everything else you need) -> set cron to the time of day you want the report to run -> save -> enjoy
hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

L1_marrera
Explorer

A little late, but you can go to Settings\Searches, reports, and alerts

Click your report and in the Alert section you can choose the Condition, the one you want is:

If number of events
is greater than: 0

Source: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/586680/report-creates-multiple-emails-looking-for-single.html

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

run your search -> top right save as dropdown -> an alert -> condition: if count > 0 -> in actions, send results, send email (and everything else you need) -> set cron to the time of day you want the report to run -> save -> enjoy
hope it helps

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you change the report into an alert you'll have the ability to send email only if there are results.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

matstap
Communicator

That was it. Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please accept an answer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...